D-Pad / Game Controller Kit
D-Pad / Game Controller Learning Module Hobby/Education Kit for Raspberry Pi
For details on how to buy, prices and stock, see:
(add £4.50 for shipping outside of UK)
A: £6.49 – Self-Solder Kit with detailed user manual with Pin Header
B: £7.99 – Self-Solder Kit with detailed user manual with Pin Header – (including optional RPi GPIO Pins to Pin Header Connector Cable)
C: £16.49 – Assembled & Tested with detailed user manual with Pin Header
D: £17.99 – Assembled & Tested with detailed user manual with Pin Header – (including optional RPi GPIO Pins to Pin Header Connector Cable)
__________________The detailed user manual contains testing script and full details to simulate keyboard presses via the D-Pad! Ideal for games and emulators, includes foam padding for comfortable use.
This kit contains all the components and instructions required to build the Directional Pad Module for learning programming using the Raspberry Pi Computer.
Full background design manual, assembly instructions and example programs with follow up tutorials on-line.
- Component kit
- A4 14 page colour user manual – Explains the design of the circuit, how it works, how to prepare your components and build the module. Python listings for testing and keyboard simulation for gaming/keyboard simulation.
- Preparation and Soldering guide
- Thick foam padding for comfort
Kit is supplied unassembled – fully-assembled & hand-soldered version is available at additional cost (selected above).
Please contact me if you have any additional questions, comments or suggestions.
About my kits:
This kit is designed with the concept of “Learning Through Practical Thinking” at its core. The idea is that learning is much more effective when combined with physical activity and discovery, rather than straightforward reading and repetition of cold facts. Therefore this and future kits will be developed which encourage development of new skills and to apply them as part of practical projects.
I donate a lot of my time to the MagPi magazine (http://www.themagpi.com), a group which produce a magazine aimed at supporting and encouraging people to learn and develop their skills using the Raspberry Pi.
The Raspberry Pi is a low-cost computer aimed at improving and furthering education (http://www.raspberrypi.org).
The proceeds shall be used to further develop more kits and create in-depth supporting material (such as programming guides and exercises).
- Great way to get started with hobby electronics
- Includes 6 buttons arranged in a game controller format
- Additional padding for comfort
- Compact design (approximately 20x25x75mm HxWxL)
- Full colour assembly manual
- Easy to follow assembly instructions
- Includes background information and test/example programs (python) – with additional tutorials to be added to support site.
- Strip-board prepared with all required track-cuts
In addition to the kit, you will need the following equipment (not supplied):
- Soldering Iron
- Wire cutters
- Suitable work area (a surface which is flat and will not be damaged by heat) – A wooden board or heat-mat can be used to protect surfaces if required.
Recommended additional equipment (not supplied):
- A basic Multi-meter/Voltage Meter (useful to check the circuit is working correctly)
- Solder “sucker” or de-soldering wick (to help remove solder if you make a mistake)
- Safety Glasses (please protect your eyes from damage)
- Long nose piers
- Hobby Knife/Scalpel
* General Terms:
This is purely a hobby project, designed specifically as an educational example only. In event of component loss, or failure due to incorrect wiring or driving by voltage/current (even if within the rated limits) replacements parts will only be supplied at customer’s own cost (including postage). It is recommended that this device is not used in a situation where it is unsupervised or likely to cause injury or damage in case of failure or fire. No guarantee or assurances can be given that the unit will operate without failure or damage. No liability will be accepted for damage or injury resulting from the use of this kit. Use of this kit is entirely at your own risk. It is recommended that the circuit output is checked with a multi-meter/voltage-meter prior to connecting to any equipment. Components and strip-board may vary in colour and appearance, and specification. Returns cannot be accepted on used/part used kits.